The Professional Learning Module for Instructional Leads is a hybrid set of resources, activities and structured procedures that can be used to enhance, extend, and build the capacity of STARTALK Instructional Leads prior to conducting teacher professional learning sessions for STARTALK Student program teachers. This Professional Learning Module addresses the following four priority STARTALK-Endorsed Principles:
- Implementing a Standards-Based and Thematically Organized Curriculum
- Facilitating a Learner-Centered Classroom
- Using the Target Language and Providing Comprehensible Input for Instruction
- Conducting Performance-Based Assessment
By completed these learning sequences, participants will be able to:
- Use STARTALK-endorsed Principles in curriculum templates, lesson plans, and classroom instruction;
- Demonstrate that you can teach in the target language and encourage students’ to use the target language as well;
- Use resources and materials from this Summer Institute to provide professional development to other STARTALK student program instructors;
- Demonstrate to site team visitors that STARTALK-endorsed principles are evidenced in all lesson plans and every class that is observed.
To access the online community, follow the instructions below.
- Visit https://brightspace.lmu.edu/d2l/login
- Log in using the following credentials: Username: soe-guest2015
- Select “STARTALK Online Community” under My Organizations
- Use the tabs on the left-hand side of the screen to navigate through the site
Should you have any questions or need technological assistance, please contact The Center for Equity for English Learners (CEEL) at (310) 568-6117 or email@example.com.
- Learning Plan/Lesson Plan
- The Learning Experience
- Learning Tools
- Standard-Based Curriculum
- Learner Centered
- Target Language
- Performance-Based Assessment