This learning module defines proficiency and explains why proficiency is important to STARTALK teachers and students.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Describe what proficiency means for language teachers and learners.
- Explain why proficiency matters.
- Identify key features of language production at Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced levels.
- Design appropriate learning experiences based on the proficiency levels of students in your program.
Videos in this module may not play in the Safari browser. We are currently working to resolve this issue. Consider using Chrome or Firefox to view the module.
- The Learning Experience
- Performance Feedback
- Performance-Based Assessment