Bryant University (Teacher)
Bryant STARTALK Chinese Language Teacher Program
- July 5, 2017 – July 25, 2017: (Face-to-face)
- Bryant University, Smithfield, RI
This program is a 3-week intensive summer training and practicum program during July 5-25, 2017 for current and future K-12 Chinese language teachers (no classes on weekends).
The targeted participants are prospective and novice (0-2 years of teaching experience) Chinese teachers from public/private K-12 schools, teacher colleges or graduate programs, and heritage/community schools.
Aligned with ACTFL standards and STARTALK principles, the primary goal of the program is to equip teachers with teaching skills and strategies that will enable them to teach Chinese with at least 90% use of target language. The program also includes important sessions on national standards, backward-design curriculum development, performance-based assessment and teaching technology.
The program features:
• Certificate of 100 professional development credit hours;
• 3 graduate credits (optional) from Bryant University with tuition discount;
• Lectures and seminars by renowned scholars and experts;
• Workshops by experienced teachers to share teaching strategies and classroom activities;
• Real practice classes with middle and high school students;
• Coaching on lesson plan and instruction by lead instructor;
• Team teaching and evaluation;
• Field trip to Newport Mansions in Rhode Island and Boston;
• Campus dorms available for FREE for participants who live 30 miles away from Bryant University campus (first come first served);
• Breakfast and lunch provided