Bryant University (Teacher)
Bryant STARTALK Chinese Language Teacher Program
- July 5, 2018 – July 25, 2018: (Face-to-face)
- Bryant University, Smithfield, RI
This summer program is a 3-week intensive Chinese teacher training and practice program from July 5 - 25.
The targeted audiences are future and current Chinese teachers (with little or no teaching experience) from public/private K-12 schools, teacher colleges or graduate programs, and heritage/community schools. Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is required.
Aligned with ACTFL standards and STARTALK principles, the primary goal of the program is to equip teachers with teaching skills and strategies that will enable them to teach Chinese with at least 90% use of target language. With the focus on comprehensible input skills, the program also includes important sessions on national standards, backward-design curriculum development, assessment, and teaching technology.
This program offers:
• Certificate of 100 professional development credit hours
• Training seminars by renowned scholars and experts
• Workshops by experienced teachers to share teaching strategies and classroom activities
• Authentic practice classes with middle/high school students
• Coaching on lesson plan and instruction by lead instructor
• Team lesson planning, teaching and critiquing
• Field trips to Newport Mansions in Rhode Island and museum in Boston
• A limited number of campus dorms are available for FREE for participants who live 30 miles or farther away from Bryant campus (first come first served)
• Each participant can receive up to $100 reimbursement for travel to the program (air/train tickets or driving mileage)
• Breakfast and lunch are provided on class days (dinners and weekend meals are not included)
Seats are limited. Please apply early because the program is usually filled quickly.